The valuation of a business is a complex matter that involves far more than just looking at the company’s financials. At Calder, we use our extensive knowledge that we have gained from years in the industry to provide an accurate valuation of your business that reflects its true, fair market value.
What is Your Business Worth?
There are a variety of reasons why you might ask yourself, “What is the value of my business?” Whether you’re looking to complete a merger and/or acquisition transaction in New Jersey (or elsewhere), or you are trying to acquire SBA financing, we can provide you with a valuation that takes into consideration all of the complexities of determining a business’s worth.
There are many business and legal situations that require a business valuation, including:
- Sale of a Business
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- SBA Financing
- Partnership Buyouts
- Estate and Gift Tax
- Buy/Sell Agreements
Some of the individuals and organizations we work with for business valuations include:
- Business Owners
- Banks and Lending Institutions
- Wealth Advisors
How Will the Value of My Business Be Determined?
In valuing a company, the complex relationship of a company’s past performance, potential future performance, organizational structure, competitive landscape, and uncontrollable factors that impact its ability to maintain a value as a “going concern” must be considered. At Calder, we look at the complete picture of your company when determining the value of your business in order to arrive at an accurate valuation.
When we conduct a valuation of your company, not only will the process include a thorough review of financial trends, but it will also take into consideration your company risk profile, profitability, and the concentration of your customers. We will also consider the potential for future growth, including the sustainability of that growth.
Is It Time to Value My Business? Why and When a Business Valuation Matters
A business valuation can be a vital piece of information. It may be the right time to value your business if:
- You are ready to sell: Many business owners have unrealistic expectations when it comes to the sale of their business, due to the many years of personal effort that they poured into their business to help it grow and flourish. A valuation can provide critical information about the impartial, fair market value of your business.
- You think you may sell someday: Even if you’re not prepared to sell immediately, a valuation can provide a roadmap for a strategic direction that maximizes the value of your business. A valuation can provide an objective view of the company’s strengths and weaknesses that directly impact the value of the business. If the value is lower than you would like it to be, then you can focus on growing the equity of your business in preparation for an eventual sale.
- A third party requires one: In some instances, a legal, business, financial, or personal situation requires an objective third party business valuation.
Why Choose Calder Associates?
The certified valuation professionals at Calder Associates are uniquely qualified to provide real-world insights:
- Calder Associates has vast experience across many industries in both valuing and selling businesses.
- We are committed to working together to make sure you get the maximum profit when you sell your company.
- With years of professional experience, our team is able to provide services that exceed the expectations people have of professionals in the brokerage industry.
- Members of our team have owned their own businesses and understand the ins and outs of mergers and acquisitions services in Pennsylvania, including Bucks County, as well as throughout NJ, DE, MD, and the Washington, DC Metro area (as well as throughout the nation).
- Since Calder Associates’ inception in 2002, we have made it our commitment to provide quality services such as business valuation for each company we work with. We are dedicated to serving your company’s needs and are committed to the highest professional standards in our industry.
Calder Associates is a trusted valuation expert and advisor for companies looking to complete mergers and acquisitions in Baltimore, MD, and other cities throughout the Mid-Atlantic region and the rest of the United States and Canada. We have offices in Bucks County, PA, NJ, and the Washington, DC Metro Area. Contact us for a confidential conversation about your valuation needs.